20.2.11

At Home in Someone Else's House

I have a one week reprieve from roommate drama.  I am getting paid for it.  Despite the extra one hour each way in my commute, this week should be heaven.  Jeff's house is very homey and colorful.  I like it.  I also have a very old, very cuddly cat (named Socrates) to keep me company.  I have two reasonably friendly chickens in my charge as well. I can do laundry at any hour and cook without fear of pissing someone off.  It is delightful and I have only been here one day.  Tomorrow is a day off that will involve dim sum and the Underground Tour of Seattle.  There was a student of mine that passed her interview on Thursday.  I was totally shocked by it but I will take it.  It brings my tally of students that passed to 10.  Because she passed, we will be going out for lunch on Tuesday as well.

Looking at my blog, I realize that most of the things on here are about Time.  This is both disturbing and intriguing.  I am contemplating writing a book about the whole experience.  I am disturbed by how much a lowly, miserable person can impact my life.  I would even be willing to do a second Americorps term if I was able to get a better arrangement for my housing.  I can live on this salary, especially if I'm not miserable in my time outside of work.  It is becoming more of a possibility since jobs are so hard to come by.  If I can get BIA accredited, I am a lot more likely to get a position at ACRS.  I need to work on it and prove my worth so I will be marketable after Americorps.  There are plenty of NGO's with outposts in Seattle.  I would like to stay here for a while if at all possible.

2 comments:

victorious secret said...

Does this mean you're a house-sitter?

Buzzkill Tango said...

Indeed it does. Although thankfully, I'm allowed go inside and not just sit on the house. I'm also a chicken sitter, cat sitter and goldfish sitter at the present moment.