6.4.11

Recovery

After not working out for 5 days due to illness, it's fantastic to be back on track!  ESL classes started up this week and that went smoother than any time before because of the pre-registration and testing.  It was great.  We have been having a few little slips with some folks who came to the intake days and then didn't show up on the roster but overall, it has been great.  In the past, the first few days of classes are completely engulfed by registering each person one by one and then doing the English testing.  That is so not the way to go about it because we got people placed inappropriately which took a fair amount of effort to rectify.  With the way we did it this quarter (and will continue to do it), the teachers are able to start out as *gasp* teachers, instead of administrators or proctors.

In other news, working without having to worry about teaching has been ridiculously productive.  I'm sending out citizenship applications left, right and center.  I have lessons planned for the first week.  I am developing new curricula and visuals for the projector.  The first Talk Time will be about camping, as per the request of one of my students.  We will be talking about giving directions on Thursday.

My life was been work and working out during the week, which works for me.  I get my social interaction at work and at the gym.  I'm glad I have Muang and Amy to make going to the gym more like hanging out with friends.  Friday will be going out for Sujata's birthday.  It should be interesting.

No comments: