31.1.09

The Final Countdown

I have three days left until I leave and I am freaking out. Not that I am not ridiculously excited to go, but I know that I am leaving for a foreign country where they speak a different language without people that I know and I don't have a place to stay. That's why I haven't been packing. As soon as clothes go in the suitcase, I am really leaving my friends, family and familiarity for five and a half months. I do have my visa and I feel way better feeling my passport in my hands. What is it with me and severe passport/visa issues right before a study abroad? It's only happened twice but that is two more times than most people. Then again, how many people get to go to foreign country for more than a few days, let alone to do it twice? I feel so lucky to have this opportunity. That said, it's been really hard work and a lot of stress to get myself into this position. I just hope I don't mess it up. I feel like I didn't take full advantage of my stay in Taipei. Part of that had to do with curfew and how tired I was all of the time. I get much more time to get acclamated to my surroundings and there is no comfort zone. In Taiwan, I had people that I sort of knew from class but I am hurling myself into completely new everything. It will also help that there will be a wave of new students who are all in a new situation and looking for friends to connect with. I'm trying to look at it like that rather than freak out. I'll let you know how that works for me.

No comments: