5.2.09

Finally!

I'm here. This is by far the most amazing city I have ever seen. Everything is gorgeous and the people are so kind. My tutor, Magda, met me at the airport and made arrangements for me to stay in my current flat for two nights free. Luis, from Mexico, before me. He's really sweet. Chelsea One (yeah, we have numbers) also from Grand Valley is in the same flat as us right now. Today, Chelsea One, Serdar from the agency, and I walked around to look at flats. The first two we saw were pretty scary. I was honest about my budget which really limits the amount of options I have but after our tutors met up with us again, we went to one last flat and I am in love! It is gorgeous! The smaller bedroom in this flat is only 800 zlotych per month plus media so at the most it will be 1000 which means another 50 USD per month at the most with heating at its peak so the price will come down as the semester goes on. I'm going to sign the contract for the lease tomorrow. There is one girl who will be living there this semester already. Her name is Melanie and she is German. She also seems very sweet and witty. It seems like a good match. The neighborhood is fantastic and it's a 15-20 minute walk to the university. I can also take the tram there if I want because I walk out the door and I'm practically at the tram stop. Overall, I am so happy with the way things are working out! Hope everyone at home is safe and sound. Loves!

No comments: