9.2.09

Mondays Seem Better In Poland


Alright, I keep forgetting my cable for my camera at my flat so you'll have to settle for some of Chelsea T's pictures for now. This is Chelsea, her tutor, Ania, Luis and I in front of the huge cathedral in the main square. You can't really see much but again, this city is so beautiful. To answer Kristen's question, my flat is on Siemaradskiego(sp?). It's about 15 minutes from the main square and just off of Karmelizka. I'll ask Melanie so I can send you the address, Mom. I know things will settle down a bit once we have classes and such but things are so amazing here. I'm really glad that I don't have a laptop or TV at my flat so I am completely free to just walk around aimlessly. Two nights ago, Melanie, my flatmate, and I held a small dinner party. She made gnocchi with this herb cream sauce concoction and it was AMAZING! I made the dressing for the salad and the dessert. I found some ladyfingers and used frozen berries that I cooked down to make this tart and delicious sauce thingy for us to dip them in. People asked me what this dessert was called and I had to tell them I made it up as I went along. After that, a few more of Melanie's friends came over (they already ate dinner at a restaurant) and we went out to a club. It was a very fun night, one of many to come I'm sure. Yesterday was mostly recovery from the parties and catching up on all of the sleep that I missed. I'm still not adjusted to the time difference so I'm a bit wonky on sleep rhythms. No worries.

No comments: