15.2.09

Vive Le France!

We have our complete group of flatmates now. Thibaut and Nicole moved in on Thursday and at first, they were really quiet but that was because they had just flown in and there are some language barrier issues. No worries though. They have since opened up very much and even made crepes for us yesterday. Then, they invited me along to meet one of their friends from their home university that is here in Krakow. We ended up going to a birthday party for one of the Erasmus students. It was a really fun party and I am getting so many compliments on my Spanish. I have to say though, the Spanish accent is REALLY hard to understand for me. All of the "ethtath" and "Ethtadoth Unidoth" takes quite a bit of getting used to. Seriously, I don't know which will improve more, my Spanish or my Polish. Hopefully, both will grow by leaps and bounds but most of the Spanish students just want to practice English and love to talk to a native speaker. Most of the time we end up compromising and speaking half and half. I can't wait to get to know more of the Erasmus students this week. Orientation seems more about meeting the other students rather than learning the campus. The week culminates with a three day trip to the mountains in the resort town of Zakopane. It is only 300 zlotych for 2 nights in a hotel, the meals, transportation and most of our activites. I won't be going skiing and that would be the main expense that isn't provided. Wednesday is a scavenger hunt around Krakow so I should get some really awesome pictures as well as making new friends.

No comments: