7.2.09

Na Zdrowie!

We went to our first Polish party last night at the dorms for UEK. I am definitely glad that I am not living there!. The party was in the basement of the dorm but I guess Aga, Luis's tutor, brought us there a bit early so the place seemed really big. Not the case when you have 50 International/ Erasmus students. It got SO loud. It was so much fun and everyone was really nice. For some reason, Nicolas, a French guy who also plays "roogby," was making pancakes. He was going for crepes but he rode the struggle bus on that for a while. He ended up having to go upstairs to make them but his assistant person kept eating all of them before they came downstairs. I did get a bite eventually and really, how can you go wrong with smothering something in Nutella? I finally got to meet Helvia, my contact for that flat I was going after. She was so nice and funny. I know that this sounds kind of weird because the law of averages says that in every party there has to be at least 2 assholes for every genuinely nice person but I guess they forgot to invite the jerks because all of these people were so open and kind. I really wish that I would finally memorize my mobile number. It was funny with the Chelseas giving people each other's numbers. I swear I will remember to bring my cord with me so I can finally put pictures up. Until then, use your imagination.

1 comment:

Molly Malone said...

Chelsea!

I'm so glad that you are having fun in Poland! Be on the lookout for Polish hotties.

So, tell me when/if I can call you... if it is long distance tell me, so I can call from Plainwell.

love you tons!

Mikay