19.12.10

Rising Up To The Challenge

I survived this week!  The celebration went off smoothly, although not without a hitch.  There were some technical difficulties with the translation devices.  I am not 100% happy with my performance of "The Star Spangled Banner" but I did get a lot of compliments on it.  We got a lot of great feedback about it and overall, I am pleased with the result.  Laura and I took off early as a well deserved break.  We went out for drinks and karaoke with some of the volunteers.  I had a few and bought a round for my compatriots.  It was a good time but all of the stress and the late night meant I was dragging in a big way on Friday.  I left early then too but that was because I knew I would be working the weekend.

I just completed a weekend of utility discount assistance.  We got to give people half off their utility bills which was cool, although it is only for customers of Seattle City Light and Seattle Public Utilities who are not in subsidized housing so we had to turn a lot of people away.  It was good that I got to make some good contacts working for the City of Seattle.  Muang was there on Saturday so we got to chat most of the day.  I am so beyond pumped for coming back to Michigan!  3 more day and then I will be home!  Book your time now because I am going to be a busy lady!

No comments: