2.12.10

Behold, A Social Life

While I still need more interaction in my life, this weekend is looking rather promising.  Tomorrow I will be hanging out with Laura and Muang while we have a training on how to administer ESL tests.  While that isn't a particularly social activity, it will be time out of the office with some fun folks.  Saturday is salsa dancing with little Laura and possibly some accompaniment from fellow ACRS folks.  Sunday is an Americorps gathering at Laura's place.  It should be a fun filled weekend.  I'm really looking forward to it.

On another positive note, one of my students became a citizen on Tuesday.  I was not at all certain that she would pass but through her hard work and dedication, she is now a citizen of the United States.  She will also be able to sponsor her son to come over from China.  This job is turning me into a patriot.  The lengths that people are willing to go to for coming to and staying in this country never cease to amaze me.  I am so happy that I am having this experience.

No comments: