10.1.12

Panic at the Disco!

There has been an uptick in crime around my work.  I can handle the muggings.  I know how to handle myself in a confident manner that makes me an unlikely target for that kind of crime.  Last night it went to a whole new level.  There was a murder across the street from ACRS.  It happened right before I left with a group of work friends.  We saw the ambulance and the paramedics were working on a person.  There were nine police cars, a fire truck and an unmarked police vehicle.  They were putting up the crime scene tape as we walked past.  It turns out the person they were working on, a black man wearing tan pants with no shirt because the EMT's cut it off, was already dead.  I didn't know that when I saw it. He wasn't tubed and they weren't performing compressions so I assumed he was OK and the real victim was elsewhere.  His arm fell to the side as they loaded him into the ambulance.  There was also a fire in downtown Seattle.  That fire made them shut off the power in the transit tunnel so we couldn't take the train to my normal stop.  The tunnel was so empty.  It was eerie.  I was really shaken last night.  It threw me off in a big way.  I'm so glad that I have a training for the next 2 days so I don't have to go back right away.

No comments: