13.1.12

Requiem for a Weekend

I'm getting sick. This is not cool. Having a three day training this week was really quite nice but now I have a thre day weekend and I have a feeling it will be spent drinking a crap ton of tea and running through a box of tissues. It's not like I had significant plans but I would still like options. Also, there might be snow. This means buses may be shut down and I could be stranded. At least Bug is going to get a lot of snuggle time. I was able to get home early almost every day this week because of the training being 20 minutes away from my house. She has been very happy to go outside while there was some sun left. I have been taking her to Petco and the mall to get more used to strangers. It's wonderful to see her get more social and confident. We still have a long way to go but she is such a success story for rehabilitating strays. I doubt she was straight up feral but she has not had an easy life. She still cowers and doesn't know how to play but at least she wants to play. She will go into a play bow and run around me. If I try to play with her, she will drop and submit. This is a lot of progress when you consider where she started. She will fetch sometime in the next few months. When I throw a toy, she will chase after it and sniff at it but she doesn't pick them up. It will be a triumphant day when she picks it up.

No comments: