9.6.09

Oft Go Awry

I realized that I have information for next year's schedule. Thought I might drop that knowledge bomb on all of you. Here is the prospective rugby schedule for this season.
Sept. 5 & 6, 2009 Army and Penn State @ State College

Sept. 12, 2009 @ Eastern Illinois University

Sept. 19, 2009 Open Date

Sept. 26, 2009 Ball State University-Home
3rd Annual Women's Rugby Golf Outing

Oct. 3, 2009 University of Michigan – Home (League)

Oct. 10, 2009 @ Purdue University (League)

Oct. 17, 2009 Ohio State University – Home (League)

Oct. 24, 2009 @ Michigan State University (League)

Oct. 31, 2009 @ Indiana University (League)


Nov. 7, 2009 4 Quarterfinal matches (E-1 v W-4) v (W-2 v E3) /
(W-1 v E-4) v (E-2 v W-3) Highest ranked team to host each respective
match

Nov. 14-15, 2009 Midwest Championships (@ Univ. of Northern Iowa)

Yes, you read right. The first game of the season on Labor Day weekend will be in Pennsylvania. We are going to get our asses handed to us but hopefully we will learn a lot from those games. Also, here's my class schedule for next year.
Fall:
PLS 283 Chinese Politics and US-China Relations
PLS 316 Human Rights in International Relations (super excited for that one!)
CHI 351 Practical Chinese
and here's one that's still in the air
either GER 101 Elementary German or
SPA 321 Spanish Composition and Conversation 1
I wasn't going to take any Spanish at GV but being here and getting the occasional bits of practice makes me want to pursue it further. I knew I wasn't fluent before coming here but now I realize just how not fluent I am. If I am going to join the Peace Corps, I'm sure have any additional proficiency in Spanish will be helpful.
Winter:
HST 317 History of American Foreign Relations
HST 341 History of East Asia Since 1800
PLS 315 International Political Economy
IR 495 (capstone) Seminar in International Relations
After that, I'm done with my undergrad. That is so scary to me. I have had so much fun and made so many friends and turned friends into family over the past 3 years. I can't believe I'm coming up on the end of that.

2 comments:

Molly Malone said...

I can't believe that you are done after next year (with classes, I mean). I still need to map out the rest of my classes. I still have three years left here. I am so jealous that after next year you get to go out and begin living your life. I have been feeling so very behind everyone, and it's not cool. I'm so happy that everyone is graduating soon, don't get me wrong. I just really wish I were joining you all.

Molly Malone said...

Also, that last post began with "I" for every sentence. How very self-centered of me. Sorry!