9.6.09

Slowly Collapsed Like A Flan In A Cupboard

Sorry about going so long between posts. Thank you so much to Mikay, Ruthie and Louise! I don't feel quite so disconnected anymore. Keep them coming, ladies. I love the updates. I had my second exam today. It was World Economic History. That class was ridiculous. First of all, there was nothing "world" about it. At the beginning of the class, when we were talking about the economic reasons behind the fall of the Roman Empire, I asked about the effect of the Silk Roads and the amount of gold that went to the Kushans. She had no idea what I was talking about (not surprising because no one knows about Central Asia) and then said that China didn't have an impact on Europe until the Ming Dynasty. There are so many things wrong with that I don't know where to start. It's world economic history so maybe we should talk about more than just Europe. Just a thought. Anyway, any time anyone asked a question in lecture she would just rifle through her papers and act all flustered. Usually, she would just rephrase the question as a vague statement. It was frustrating. Meh, it's over now. As previously established, I only need a 3 out of 5 to have the credit transfer so I'm trying to be really chill about all of this. Prices on strawberries have continued to go down. The other day I got them for 2 1/2 per kilo and cherries for 5. Why does fruit have to be so expensive in the States?

No comments: