5.7.10

Day 1: First Weigh In

I really should stop this numbering of days because I keep starting over again.  Today is the first day of the competition so it continues whether or not I'm good.  I weighed myself this morning and I am 264 pounds.  I may not like it but it gives me a starting point.  My goal is to lose 25 pounds throughout the 12 weeks of the competition but I may set my sights higher.  I think losing 10% of my body weight is a solid step in the right direction.  I don't think I'll win with that number so I may start stepping up my weight loss goals toward the end.  Who knows?  Brooke, my manager, and I were working together as just the two of us.  She said that she had a competition with some other women at Little Caesar's and she won but then put the weight on again.  I think I can get a bet going with her too.  Or possibly be work out buddies but she is working all of the time.  That might make things difficult for that particular endeavor.  I don't normally get sugary drinks at work. However, there are no more frozen mochas or creme freezes in my near future.  I might switch over to iced Americanos with some sugar-free hazelnut or Irish cream syrup.  Today, I also re-read Such A Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster.  She is so hilarious.  It makes me feel good to read a weight loss memoir but it also makes me want to get a personal trainer because I think that's what really made the difference for her.  She started out at a size 24 so we are at the same starting position.  I've been eating well so far today.  Since my mom and I were both working yesterday, we are doing Fourth of July dinner today.  We are having steaks on the grill, sweet corn and potato salad.  Everyone else is doing American potato salad with mayo and hard-boiled eggs while I reserved some potatoes for myself and made a potato salad very similar to what Tina's mom made for us while we were staying in lovely Bavaria nearly a year ago.  I'm looking forward to it.  I just did the Fat Blaster workout from Turbo Jam so I am thoroughly sweaty, though not as tired as I usually am after such an intense workout.  Good sign, yes?  I know it's only the first day but I'm hoping this could be it.

No comments: