1.7.10

Day Whatever: Long Time, No See

Ok, I'm sorry for not blogging for so long.  I really can't even blame it on being busy.  I have been working and such but not so much that I don't have time for this.  I've not been as diligent as I should be about working out but I have new motivation!  There is a weight loss competition at my mom's work that I am entering in that starts on Monday.  It lasts 12 weeks.  There is a $5 buy-in plus $1 for every week that you don't lose weight.  At the end, the person to lose the largest percentage of their starting weight gets the pot.  I think my competitive side plus having a set end date will be immensely helpful for me.  This morning I did the Power 90 cardio workout without abs.  I'm not a big fan of it because it's really repetitive and there are 2 sections that really get my heart rate up but then the other 3 are fairly bland.  They also build muscle because I do get to the point of muscle fatigue.  It's not that I'm out of breath; it's just that my arms get tired for doing the same motion for 3 minutes without a break.  I need to keep my motivation up.  I know that my life is at stake right now so I need to keep this up.  I need to get all of the excuses out of the way.  Another really helpful thing right now is my mom's veggie co-op.  She gets a delivery of whatever is in season every week.  It means that we always have fresh stuff in the house.  Berries are also in season which means they are super cheap.  I'm telling you, Greek yogurt with a handful of blackberries or raspberries is the way to go.  It's delicious and fresh and really healthy.  I think I will also add a gadget onto my blog to put up weight and track it there.  I have to report it for the competition and I know it will push me even more to be accountable to all 2 of my readers.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Representing 50 per cent your readers, I think it is a good idea :)
Hugs Tina

Anonymous said...

ups, forgot of :)