22.11.10

What Goes Up...

Another fight...no, fight isn't the right word...another demonstration of immaturity by Time this evening.  I am so sick of this.  I wrote an e-mail to my landlord to explain the situation because I can't handle it.  I sent it to Laura first so nothing is too unreasonable or stated in a great deal of anger.  I need clean towels.  There was a lot of laundry going on this weekend so I thought "I can wait and do it Monday night."  Well, when I went downstairs, there were two loads of laundry on the machines and then an additional load in the dryer.  I started mine in the washer, hoping that whoever's laundry it was would come to collect their belongings before I needed the dryer.

  I kept waiting to hear the latch go on the stairs down to the laundry room.  Nine o'clock rolls around.  We aren't supposed to do laundry after 10 p.m. so I decide I will try to fit all three orphaned loads on the dryer.  Time comes in and goes downstairs.  Ah ha!  An owner comes to lay claim upon his poor forgotten whites!  He is down there for a longer than average time.  Expected I suppose since he had a lot of laundry to wrangle.  He comes up in a mood!  He says that someone threw his laundry on the floor.  I did my best to keep everything on the machines but when you leave three loads downstairs, there is only so much I can do.  That's what I can't wrap my head around. Why did he have three loads downstairs?  That means that he had to have had both machines full and then brought down another, took out clothes from the dryer to transfer over and then just left clothes downstairs.  I don't get that.

Okay, back to Time.  Last time he yelled at me, he said that all he wanted was honesty.  So I thought, "here's my chance to prove that I can be honest and own up to my mistakes!"  I tell him that it is my laundry in the dryer and that I did my best to get everything to stay but there were a lot of items, as previously mentioned.  I did my level best to be respectful of his things but there is only so much that I can do.  He goes on about how stuff like this didn't happen before, only since I moved in.  I doubt the veracity of that statement but that is neither here nor there.  I chose to not respond and just keep washing dishes.  Well, like all bullies, he was looking for a reaction.  When he didn't get one, out of nowhere, he says "fat ass!"  Being blindsided by such an unrelated comment, my only words to him in this whole scenario were "How is that relevant?"  And then goes on to say, "Only big people do that.  Fat ones like you."  I fail to see what my BMI has to do with anything other than my BMI but apparently there is some sort of correlation.  I suspect it's much like murder rates and ice cream sales.  Anyway, I needed to put that out there for the world to see.

In an unrelated note, Seattle freaks out over snow!  It's kind of cute.  Like a puppy seeing its reflection in the mirror for the first time.  Granted, the insane hills make the tiniest bit of ice an issue but the reaction seems way out of proportion to the actual precipitation.  We shall see!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Your roommate sounds like a d-bag. Kick him out and change the locks.