20.3.11

Adventure/ Goals

First of all, I needed to post this picture of a meal that I had to celebrate two of my students becoming citizens.  It was awesome!  I just had to make Dad jealous.

Today was a fun day of exploring a new area of the city.  I went out grocery shopping (Trader Joe's of course) and dropped off my stuff.  After that, I went to Muang's place to drop off my workout gear and we set out for Lake Union.  We took the street car which was fun.  The first place we saw was the Center for Wooden Boats. It's pretty cool and the best part is they offer free rides, first come first serve, on Sunday afternoons.  What luck!  Alas, it was not to be because it was too windy but we want to go back there again.  Our consolation prize was a tour of the Coast Guard cutter, Anthony Petit.  It's a working cutter with full crew stationed out of Alaska.  Our tour guide was actually the cook and was therefore unable to answer any of our questions.  It was still really cool to see the inside of all that jazz.  We walked around and finally, Muang and I needed to use the restroom so we stopped into this place called Jillian's.  It's an arcade/sports bar thing.

We were looking to kill a bit of time and get in from the wind.  We were more than happy to lay $5 down to play some air hockey and such.  As it happened, the lady who was working the little card loader thingy was coding a giant stack of cards for a party later tonight.  We were standing at the counter for a solid 10 minutes, chatting happily when the lady hands us two cards and says they are unlimited and on the house.  It was a lot of fun.  I won at air hockey and got pwned at shooting hoops.  Since we got the games for free, we wanted to spend some money there.  We sat down to a late lunch/ early dinner.  The food was mediocre but it was still fun.  While we were eating, Muang and I got to talking about the wedding that she will be a bridesmaid for in July.  We set some fitness goals since she wants to be all fit and trim for it.  We both do better when we have a deadline.  So we laid some things down.

My deadline is the end of my Americorps contract.  Muang's is the wedding.  We are going to push ourselves and each other.  We don't want to have weight loss goals since we are both building muscle.  I want to significantly reduce my spare tire and decrease my pooch.  I am shooting for an average of 4.5 workouts a week.  As far as eating goes, I am already improving without even trying.  I am losing a lot of my cravings for sweet stuff and eating smaller portions.  I am going to the gym consistently and I am going because I enjoy it.  That makes it far more likely for me to be able to sustain this.  I am really hopeful about making serious lifestyle changes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hittin' below the belt. It looks fabulous. >.<

Love,

Dad