9.3.11

Down, Down, Down

I finally weighed myself today.  I was putting it off because I'm always sloshed up with post-workout hydration and such...that's a lie.  That's what I told myself every time I saw the scale at the gym.  I was putting it off because I was afraid that after all of the time that I have put into working out, I wouldn't see it reflected on the scale.  I also know how much more muscle mass I have in my legs and arms that it might cancel out any fat loss. Out of curiosity tonight, I weighed myself.  After all, what gets measured gets done.  As it turns out, I'm down about 15 pounds.  I am seriously so proud of that.  I know I have a lot more to go but at this point, working out is a part of my life, not just a special effort or a temporary bender.

Going to the gym is my time.  I do it for me.  I do it because it is fun and social.  Sure, my feet hurt afterward and I look like crap but I feel good.  Also, when I go to the gym, I come home after a certain roommate is done in the common areas and I don't need to cross his path.  I have a theory about this.  Here is a graph on the relation between how much I enjoy my life and how much I see Time.  Note the negative correlation.  I need to stop focusing on him but wanting to avoid him makes decent motivation.

No comments: