6.3.11

Laziness as a Cost Savings Measure

I went out the past two weekends and decided to stay in this weekend.  I got my taxes done, did laundry, went grocery shopping and tidied my room up a bit.  It was sunny and lovely out so I got to feel some real sun on my face.  It was quite nice.  I also realized that now I am hitting the gym with some frequency, I am only home to sleep during the week.  I'm pretty much OK with that.  Another revelation, carrots and tzatziki make an awesome combo.  Extra bonus- I can stretch the tzatziki by adding in some of the plain yogurt that I buy anyway.  Score!

Tomorrow, I will be going to the Department of Licensing with Muang to get my Washington state driver's license.  I'm well on my way to establishing residency here.  If I decide to go to grad school at UW, that will save me $14,000 a year on tuition.  We will also be having our monthly Employment and Citizenship birthday lunch which is a totally sanctioned way to get out of the office and talk for an hour.  Tuesday will be the celebration dim sum lunch for two students that I worked with extensively and recently passed their interviews.  I am now at 13 students to pass from my class.  All of my students are saying that I am good luck.  I am fine with that if it means that they go into their interviews with more confidence.  Also, I am working on my BIA accreditation, which will make me more marketable to ACRS after Americorps.

No comments: