27.3.11

Wrap Up

This week:

Photo by Muang Saechao
  • Another student passed her interview.
  • I worked out 5 times (including a Turbo Kick workout with 6 turbos!).
  • I went to USCIS for the first time which gave me a chance to really practice my Chinese and apply it.
  • The quarter ended meaning I have 2 weeks off from teaching.
  • My Talk Time students told me that they like exactly what I am doing and don't want it to change.
  • Muang and I decided to live together after our leases are up.
  • I have done some serious thinking about my employment situation including finding a potential job with a public policy consulting firm and have tailored my resume for position.  I am just waiting to have a few folks at work look it over before I send it out.
  • Friends and I had a little dinner gathering including me making mojitos.  It was a delightful night in featuring some awesome chicken and bamboo curry by Muang.

3 comments:

victorious secret said...

Good stuff! What is the name of the consulting firm? If I were to get my master's, it would be in public policy. I've even looked at a school in Seattle! SU keeps sending me stuff.

Chelsea In Flux said...

It's called BERK (formerly Berk and Associates). The thing about SU is that they are a private school. I want a state school so that my residency matters. I assumed you would be getting an MSW since you did your BA work in it.

victorious secret said...

I would be getting an MPA. But probably not for awhile.