14.3.11

Under No Obligation

I made a double batch of brownies for a volunteer appreciation tomorrow.  I made them last night and Time is people starved so he came out and started chatting.  He never stops talking and does not take any hints that I don't want to keep talking.  Anyway, I let him have some brownie batter.  He realizes the genius that is my brownies.  Then he says, "Leave one for me."  I respond that I will be leaving the brownies intact until Tuesday to which he replies, "Oh, well, you are under no obligation to give me one."  No shit, Sherlock.  I'm making brownies for people who give their time to our agency and ask nothing in return.  That pissed me off.  Earlier that day, he further convinced me of his destiny of loneliness.  He cannot compromise.  That is why I am out of here as soon as my lease is up.

In more positive news, I bought new shoes online for working out.  They were expensive but I am losing weight and I deserve a bit of a treat.  Also, I got the money from housesitting and my tax refund.  Also, they are made for doing Turbo Jam and Zumba type workouts.  They'll hopefully allow me to move my feet easier and reduce the wear and tear to my knees.  Not the sexiest shoe I've ever seen but they will make me sexier in the long run.

No comments: