3.3.09

A Few of My Favorite Things

So, I'm in a relatively down mood because I'm sick. I'm also missing some things and I figure the only way to deal with that is to confront it. So here's a list of things I miss from home.
  • My Friends- Julia and Mikay especially. There are seriously so many things that I wish I could show you guys. That and I want to girl talk hardcore. I've made so many new friends but they can't compete with you guys.
  • The Fam- I know I get to see you in April but I miss having our Sunday breakfasts and just sitting around talking until our coffee gets cold.
  • My Ruggers- I miss you guys like oxygen! There are a lot of rugby players here but they can't hold a candle to the baddest bitches I know. I also want to sing at parties but I can't because no one else knows the songs.
  • The Puppies- There are a lot of dogs here and I have pictures of the babies but right now I'm sick and I wish I could curl up on the couch and just cuddle with them. That would make we feel all better. That and Coco being an idiot about something would make me laugh.
  • Grand Valley- I miss the campus and the people and being able to eavesdrop on conversations. Krakow is so amazing but I know GV is where my heart is and what I will always think about when I talk about my college experience.
  • Breathing Smoke Free- I didn't realize how few Americans smoke until I got here. Even if I don't go out at night, any time I'm on the street there are people with cigarettes and it pisses me off. I'm going to have lung cancer if I stay here for more than I semester. I know it's all part of the European thing but I'm American and I'm willing to hold my ground on a few things.
  • Free Water- Now we are getting into the more trivial things but I knew I would miss all of the stuff listed above. The water thing is a two pronged frustration. I hate having to pay for water instead of being able to just drink out of the tap. Complaint dos, I hate how wasteful it is. I buy the 5L jug but that's still a lot of plastic being wasted. Stupid Poland and their non-drinkable tap water. I'm dehydrated because I want to save money (and the planet) but I've been drinking tea like it's my job.
  • Ketchup- This one is kind of surprising since I'm not a huge ketchup fan. They still have it here but it isn't the same. It tastes exactly like the pizza sauce you get in the pizza Lunchables.
  • Facebook 24/7- Obviously, I still check my facebook here but I can't do it on my every whim. I need to plan. In a way, it is liberating because I'm not spending all of that time on Facebook instead of enjoying the city but right now I just want to take a nap, wake up, watch Grey's online and then waste time putzing around on FB.
  • Not Looking Like A Complete Idiot All of The Time-Doors are labeled push and pull here. Too bad the labels are in Polish. In America, you don't need to read because the handle on the door is constructed in such a way as to make it obvious which way the door will travel. Just the bar thingy for Push and a grippy handle thing for pull. Here, they have the handle thing both sides. I'm starting to blend in a little bit but that all goes to hell when I can't read a simple sign on a door.
There are other things that I miss about home but none are really coming to mind. I'm not even going to try and list all of the things that I will miss when I leave here because the list would be endless.

No comments: