1.3.09

Weekend Update

So, its been a while since my last entry. My first week of classes was ... interesting. It's kind of frustrating because the professors have to slow down for the non-native speakers. It's looking like this will be hella easy but I need to figure out my textbook situation. They have copies available for checkout at the International Programmes Office but you only get them for 3 days. The intent there is to take them to a copy shop and make your own for around 30 zloty. By the way, Mom, it wasn't in a class where I told everyone to shut up. It was at Zakopane when we were doing our international night presentations. I'm taking International Economics, Polish for Beginners, International Political Relations, World Economic History, and Polish Economic Convergence. It's 25 ECTS credits and I think it would be very managable. We had a dinner party at Chelsea T's on Thursday. That was so much fun! I actually ended up making the dinner (big surprise). Chelsea was responsible for the mashed potatoes and the rice pudding for dessert. She used an immersion blender on the taters so they turned out gluey. I made pesto pasta and green beans with bacon. Nicole had two of her friends from France over for the past week and Thurday was their last night in Krakow so we wanted to make sure it was special. After the dinner, we went to RDZA, a fairly expensive club. It was alright but not great. I didn't really like the music but it was fun to dance with everyone. There is a really cute Greek boy that I end up dancing with a lot but he has a girlfriend in Greece so I don't think that will be going anywhere.
Such is life. This isn't the best picture but I want everyone to see him (and me, being cute as always). Not a whole lot to report. More meeting new people and all that jazz. Chelsea and I went on a friend date last night. That was a lot of fun. We were planning to go see "He's Just Not That Into You" but they were sold out so we ended up going to another theatre and seeing Slumdog Millionaire. It was so good! I felt bad because I kept coughing during the movie but not so bad that you couldn't hear anything. I want to see it in the States because there are parts where they are not speaking English but the subtitles were still in Polish. I'm sure in the American release there are subtitles and you can really guess what they are saying by combining the visual clues with my limited knowledge of Polish. After the movie, Chelsea and I went to Carlito's and got a spinach pizza which was a flavor extravaganza! It was so delicious. One thing I really miss about the States is free water. We paid 19 zlotych for the pizza and 13 for a pitcher of water. That being said, I savored that water more than any glass I ever had back home. Every time I get a drink, you bet your ass I eat all of the ice left in the glass. With the amount that I pay for a mojito, I am getting every damn drop from the glass. Last night, we went to Kitsch. That's the club that everyone ends up at because it stays open until 8 or 9 in the morning on the weekends. Chelsea, Helvia, and I left around 4:30. Not too shabby but I can't compete with the Spanish with how late they come to the party and also how late they leave.

2 comments:

MeguChan said...

Ooooo, drinking mojitos. At least you've got taste. and 13 for water!?! O_o that's nuts.

Molly Malone said...

So, it sounds like you go out to clubs quite often. That sounds like a lot of fun! At least you are going out and doing fun stuff with your friends. I'm glad that your classes won't be a problem (knowing you, I already knew it would be fine, though!)