14.5.09

Oak, Some Pine, and A Handful of Norsemen

Melanie and I went to Ikea yesterday. The slats in my bed were already dodgy when I moved in but as the semester has gone on, more of them have broken and become detached from the frame of the bed. Turns out, the middle of the frame bows out in a big way which is the heart of the problem. I have been sleeping with my mattress on the floor for the past week but I am now up off the ground! We also got a garlic press for 13 zlotych and I bought some fabric to use as a curtain. The curtain I have right now is red which is nice but it's not really me. So, instead, I got this fabric. I was going to get this black and white print of line drawings of little birds with some of them colored in green but they were out of it and weren't going to have it for 10 weeks so I opted for this one instead. I figure I will take it home with me so I can use it at Campus View as well. After that, I had some dinner which was just leftovers but they were kickass leftovers. Last night I made a sauce from ricotta, Gouda and brie. It was basically fettuccine alfredo but I put in some fresh chives and sauteed onion. Not terribly healthy so I also made a salad by doing a kind of onion ceviche and then adding tomatoes and cucumbers. The light acidity of the salad was a perfect complete to the richness of the pasta. I'm kind of a BAMF when it comes to stuff like that. Then, I was online and I got an invitation to go out with Tiki and her flatmate. It is his birthday today so his friend and his sister are here. They are hilarious and even though nothing was really open so we ended up at Carpe Diem II, the night was fantastic!

No comments: