20.5.09

Reciprocity

Tonight, I am meeting with my group for Economic Growth. Because I'm me, I offered our flat and I am making dinner for everyone. Greek couscous salad. Celebrate the season and all that. I saw strawberries at the market for 7 zloty/ kilo today. For those of you playing at home, that is about $1/lb. Yeah, tough life, I know. Anyway, I know that my life here is a lot more different than those of you at home but right now, I'm kind of doing the same thing I was doing last week and the week before that. In other words, not every entry will be something new and exciting although I am racking up sightings of the woodland creature collector set. We already established my hedgehog encounter but when I was in the park with Konrad a few weeks back I saw my first squirrel in Krakow. I also saw a chipmunk and last week, I saw a ferret or possibly a weasel. I don't know exactly which one it was but it was long and weasly looking and running around at 2 a.m. Back to the original point, I want news from you guys. All I get from most of you is the occasional greeting with no details about life. Maggen, you didn't tell me that you gave away Yoru. I know you may not think that things are important especially compared to all of the experiences that I am having while I am over here but they are important to me. I care about the little details of your day. News doesn't have to be earth shattering for me to want to know about it. Fill me in! I don't want to be completely unaware of the state of things when I come home.

No comments: