7.7.09

Are Your Cats Old Enough To Hear About Jesus?

So, I got roommates last night. They are from Southern China. When I went to give the owners the rest of my money, they tried to tell me something. They kept swaying back and forth and then Feng Taitai drew what I thought was the character for the number 10. Turns out, she was drawing a cross and they were trying to communicate to me that the huge number of people were missionaries. Last night, I got asked if I was a Christian. Of course, I said no but I told them I was from a very Christian area so I'm kind of de facto Christian just so they wouldn't try and sell me on the whole personal Lord and Savior spiel. I'm not sure if I could handle that. I do think it's kind of cosmic irony that I go from a life of drunken debauchery that ended with a pagan fertility celebration (Wianki, that was why Lenny Kravitz came and played for free) to being surrounded by missionaries. Ain't life grand? These pictures are completely unrelated. They were taken at Heroes' Square. Today, I will be going to the baths with Nelli. I'm excited about being in the water. Also, she is arranging a day trip for us to a little town about 30 km from Budapest with a cute little square and nice restaraunts. I will also be going to a lot of museums and such with her. I didn't know this but she is kind of a WWII buff. There is a military history museum here and also the House of Terror, which I walked by on my way home from the Zoo. It seems an apt name because it is quite imposing. It was the HQ for the SS in Budapest and later the command center for the Communists. It goes through the history of occupation and oppression in the city with particular emphasis on the Revolution in 1956. On a side note, check out the sky in all of these pictures. Gorgeous!!! Although, the lack of clouds makes me quite the sweaty Freddy when I get back to the hostel because it is hot hot hot!

No comments: