1.7.09

Trains, Planes and Automobiles

So, there has been a change in plans. Due to a series of events that was beyond my control, I was late to the bus station. I am now taking the night train to Budapest. It's a sleeping berth but I had to pay 389 zlotych. Not happy about that. Serdar, our landlord, came to pick up the keys at 2:30 (he was supposed to come at 2-> 30 minutes late). He then tried to communicate with us and I don't speak Polish or Turkish and his English ain't so great ergo that took more time than it should have. When I got my deposit back, I signed a thingy saying that we had paid our utilities and he gave the deposit back. He said that we would each pay 45 for electricity. If it was more, he would pay the overage. Turns out with all of the laundry that we were doing, the total was more like 80 per person. He tried to get us to pay for that which we wouldn't. Guilt doesn't work on me when you are my landlord. Maybe he should have thought about the fact that it was coming from his own pocket before he guaranteed us that it would be 45 no matter what. Then, he got mad because Melanie gave away all of the things that were bought for the flat at Ikea during the first semester. Apparently, there was nothing there except for a few paintings, etc. Serdar was saying that Mel didn't have the right to do that with anything that she didn't pay for personally. I think that's bullshit and effectively told him so. He got the flat back the way he lent it out in the first place. I was trying to mediate because Melanie was getting wicked angry. Even though I was trying to broker a treaty, I kept letting him know that I was in a hurry. I was supposed to be at Maciej's flat at 3 and he showed up a half hour late. I had to finish throwing a few things in my suitcase and then I was planning on leaving right after handing over my keys. So, more arguing and ignoring the fact that I'm in a hurry. I don't leave the flat until a little after 3 (60+ minutes late). I had to hail a taxi because those suitcases are huge and there was no way in hell that I was going to be able to take those on the tram by myself and I was also more than an hour behind schedule. Traffic was a bitch because that's what Murphy's Law does. I got to Maciej's place and decided to try and save a little bit of money and enjoy this gorgeous day by walking to the tram station. I didn't get lost and I only had to wait 3 minutes for the tram. The traffic and such wasn't very helpful as I had a very stressful cab ride to the bus station. I left Siemiradzkiego for the last time at 1608. I was supposed to be at the station 20 minutes before my 1630 bus. You can see where this is going, yes? Anyway, my bus wasn't listed on the board because it was already too late to get on by the time I got to the station. That brings me to now. I am going to be taking the 2215 train to Budapest. Not happy about the 389 PLN but I can work with that. I will get there come rain, come sleet, come hell and high water. I am chilling in Galeria to use the internet access. I wonder if they will have outlets on the train. That would be really nice. Then I could watch movies.

No comments: