29.8.10

Must Have Wine

Ok, so I was going to post something last night but I thought three posts in one day might be a tad ridiculous.  Yesterday, my mom and I got shitty lattes at a drive-thru coffee shack.  Then, we went to see house #3.  Turns out, while this house is quite nice, it's a sober living house.  Like, drug addicts that are fresh out of treatment.  While I laud them for turning their lives around, that doesn't necessarily mean that I want to live there.  It would only be $450 including all utilities which is nice.  I'm realizing that having no money in an urban area has much different implications than in a college area.  At Grand Valley, having little money meant that I was just like everyone else.  Here, it means that I'm going to have to push out past my comfort zone.  That may mean living some place with the serenity prayer on the wall.  Anyway, after seeing that one, my mom and I drove around a bit.   Mikay was my superhero, finding listings for us.  I need to know the area better so I can figure out what districts to live in if I can't live in Beacon Hill.  I'm also trying to find out if Alex, a guy I will be working with, wants to live together.  That way, we will have some kind of connection/ assurance that the person we are living with isn't a total creep or something and we can save money. We had some time to kill between our appointments, so we headed downtown to Pioneer Square to get something to eat.  The park was so cool and they were playing "Heads Will Roll" which automatically had me thinking of Nora.  While we were on our way to our second appointment, the GPS crapped on us yet again.  The first time, instead of heading straight to Pike Place Market, we got a tour of the harbor and shipyards.  I felt like there was going to be a mob hit as we drove by, although that would be highly unlikely since it was 11 am.  Yesterday, it told us to turn left onto a one way street.  Nuvi (the GPS) has a nasty little habit of assuming that if roads cross from a bird's eye view, they must be accessible to each other.  Not the case for overpasses, bridges, etc.  So...  We had an appointment to see an apartment but we ended up having to circle Safeco field during the Mariners game and get back on the highway.  Long story short, my mom tried to change lanes and didn't see a guy in her blind spot.  Smack, crunch, pull into nearest parking lot.  Nearest parking lot happens to be... the apartment we were trying to see in the first place!  I thought it was kind of funny and ironic.  The place was nice but too expensive and not that close to ACRS.  I ended up seeing the place by myself because Mom was busy exchanging insurance info and such with the other driver.  We had to wait an hour and a half almost for the cop to finally show up.  After that, we cut our day short, headed back to the house and had several glasses of wine and fish tacos.  I tried putting pictures in with this post but it was an epic fail so I will just post the pics separately except for this one.


1 comment:

Eagle 1 said...

Why would you put fish tacos in a glass?