30.8.10

Settled

Ok, so I have a definite course of action now.  I am going to be staying with Russ and Beth for the next two to three weeks.  This means that for the next two to three weeks, I will be commuting an hour and a half both ways.  There is a light at the end of this tedious tunnel!  The reason I am waiting for 2-3 weeks is I have the perfect place that will be available then.  It is in a great house that is about 2 blocks from where I will be working.  Hopefully, all the sleeping in that I will get to do once I move in will cancel out the 5:30 mornings.  If it takes 3 weeks for the place to be ready, I will spend 45 hours of my life on the Seattle transportation system.  I will be solidly caffeinated and have a book at hand.  Today, my mom and I went to Ikea and got lots of apartment stuff.  I got a new duvet and cover, pillows, sheets, towels, side table, lamp, clothes rack and hamper.  We also hit up Target and got a super cute lunch tote and various snack foods and toiletries.  Trader Joe's furnished us with frozen lunches and jalapeño cilantro hummus to go with veggies as snacks.  We also got tea to keep my caffeinated and help ward off this cold that is trying to take hold.  After Target, we visited ACRS.  It is so pretty!  I met Jeff in person for the first time.  I got some necessary paperwork signed and saw where I will be working.  I also got my all important bus pass.  It is in my wallet and ready to go.  Tomorrow, I will time my walk to the bus stop to make sure that I get to work on time.  It may not be the most ideal situation for the moment but it will work out in the end.  Above all, I'm so relieved to know what the plan is!

No comments: