15.5.10

Day 12: Bear Naked

Yesterday, I saw a bear.  Yes, a real bear in the real world.  No fences in between me and the bear.  I was about 20 yards away.  My mom has her epic telephoto lens so she got pictures of his cute little face.  I was also like 15 feet from a deer.  That was also cool.  Unfortunately, the tour we took was all in the car.  We got out to see the bear but other than that, it was not an active tour.  I also didn't work out yesterday which means I skipped two days in a row.  I think we are going to go hiking today so I can make up for some lost time but I'm disappointed in myself.  I did Cardio Party 3 today with my mom.  To help repent for my missed workout, I did it with the most intensity I've ever done. All the high-impact options and extra movements are possible now because I've improved my cardiovascular fitness enough.  I breathe hard and get sweaty but I can still keep going.  Part of that is my improved fitness but I think another part is getting over the mental block.  Knowing that I can keep going even if I'm tired because I know once it's over, I'm done. I don't need to hold anything back or save it for later.  Also, the turbos make me feel great because I know that even when I do go all out, the energy comes back pretty fast.  My mom being right next to me and my competitive nature don't hurt either.

No comments: