7.5.10

Day 4: I Cheated On Tony

I made a good faith effort to do the Power 90 video this morning but it was not working.  First of all, after years of rugby practice in the evening, I'm better with working out in the afternoon/evening so morning(ish) workouts are kind of a challenge for me.  The static stretching in the Cardio routine is not good for me.  My calves and hamstrings were so tight the past two days that today they are both tight and sore from my stubborn will.  This made the Power Yoga impossible.  I had tears welling up.  I don't like the routine anyway.  It's repetitive and the music sucks.  If I get bored, I'll quit so I might just go off the video altogether and just do Power Jam instead.  That workout is longer and keeps my heart rate up the whole time.  I've also done those workouts so many times before that I can just turn my brain off.  I never stuck with them consistently so I didn't give them a chance.  I like the music and they are high energy.  One of the annoying things about the Power 90 workout is that Tony is the only one with a mic so he'll talk to "the kids" in the background and it goes over like a lead balloon.  Chalene's people respond and look like they are enjoying themselves which is oddly believable since I have fun too.  If I work on my flexibility and get to the point where I can do the Yoga section without crying, I'll work it back in to the routine.  I hope the more advanced tape has a bit more variety.  The first one is painfully boring.

No comments: