8.5.10

Day 5: Energy Legs!

This thing is starting to have an impact!  This morning my mom came in to kiss me goodbye before leaving for work and I woke up.  That was at 6 a.m. I stayed up because I couldn't go back to sleep.  Not because I was uncomfortable or anxious but because I wasn't tired at all!  That is a new one for me.  I always knew that working out regularly improves energy levels but I haven't felt it before.
I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow.  I have been using the resistance bands for the past workouts but today I used free weights.  I am a lot more tired and shaky than I have been.  This is good because it means that I am pushing myself and improving.  Protein is more of a priority for me now to help build lean muscle, which while help to burn fat.  I will be making more changes to my diet but exercise is my priority change for the time being.
In non-fitness related news, I have a job!  I got hired at Biggby's, a coffee chain in the Midwest.  I have my first day of work on the 20th after we get back from vacation.  I'm excited to have a regular paycheck again.  Last night, Maggen, Mandeep, Zach and I all went to see Iron Man 2.  It exceeded my admittedly low expectations.  Before that, I went to late lunch with Meighan and Julia.  That was lovely to catch up and just laugh with old friends.  We also went over to Julia's house and went through old pictures.  I am so lucky to have friends that have been in my life for so long.

No comments: